AsiaLawNetwork partnered with the Singapore Corporate Counsel Association, NTUC and the Singapore Human Resources Institute to host an event for professionals and freelancers on 19 April, 2017 at NTUC Centre at One Marina Boulevard. The topic was to share legal advice in a rapidly changing workplace for professionals as:
- It is increasingly common to change jobs after a shorter period
- Freelance jobs become more popular in the gig economy
- Some professionals run side-jobs while managing full-time jobs and
- Many professionals are thinking of striking out on their own
This event was to share legal advice and tips for this segment of people to better understand the legal implications of being a professional and/or freelancer in 2017.
We got a great panel of lawyers to answer the questions:
- Tan Cheow Hung (Director, Beacon Law Corporation)
- PE Ashokan (Partner, Withers KhattarWong)
- Kang Yixian (Partner, Donaldson & Burkinshaw)
- Lau Kah Hee (Partner, Derrick Wong & Lim BC LLP)
- Samuel Ng (Counsel, BlackOak LLC)
- Wang Yingyu (Director, Taylor Vinters Via LLC)
Many of these lawyers are available for Quick Consults where they will call you back within 1-2 days on the phone for a transparent, flat fee starting at S$49. If you would like to get legal advice from these lawyers, click on the links to their profile above!
Our deepest gratitude to our awesome partners, and to Patrick Tay (Assistant Secretary General, NTUC) for his welcome address and also contributing comments to some of the questions from the audience.
You can check out photos from the event below.
Check back soon for articles from our event!